Helen Watson-Jones

Friday 2 October 2009

Helen Watson-Jones and the Ghost!

A corner of my studio
A funny little story, with a loosly artistic theme :o)
I get into my building around 8.30 in the morning, I'm always first there, unlock the side door, go up the stairs, through the classrooms, stopping to fill the kettle and switch it on to boil before unlocking my studio door and dumping my bags inside. I put on my heater, put a Teabag in a mug and go back to the kettle to fill up with boiled water.I then spend half an hour in front of my heater with my tea before creation begins, easing myself into the day, heaven. Same every morning, my little routine.
So this week, I'm up the stairs, through the classrooms and the kettles boiling hot when I pick it up - no water in it, just hot - spooky spooky spooky.
Its a gorgeous old building were in, centuries old, and our 'ghosty' if that's what it is, seems to have a thing for heat. The ladies who work in the cafe often come in in the morning to find the cooker rings on, they don't use the cooker rings, well occasionally on Friday evenings if there's a 'do' on but never in the week.
I used to survey old pubs in a previous Architectural life, dilapidations surveys and I never believed in ghosts before then - but 600+ pubs with assorted cellars and attic rooms, well at the risk of sounding like a fruitcake, that job changed my mind I can tell you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment